And having a way to do that would probably be a Bad Idea. Propogating a transaction through asynchronous transports doesn't sound like a good idea to me, anyway.

-danch

Hiram Chirino wrote:
Just a small correction..  your example would have to be in at least 2 units
of work.  There is NO WAY to put a JMS message and get it again in a single
transaction.

Regards,
Hiram

Having a distributed transaction context is especially important
for example
when you have a EJB from one jboss instance posting a message to
a JMS queue
on another jboss instance that in turn has a MDB that calls another EJB on
that second instance.  If I want that all to be under one transaction and
thus rollback as one business unit of work, there is no way to do
that (that
i'm aware of) with "native" JBoss in the 3.x series.  I know one could use
Tyrex, but the author doesn't recommend using Tyrex in a production
environment and so I'm a little leary to use it myself.

This SF.NET email is sponsored by: A Thawte Code Signing Certificate is essential in establishing user confidence by providing assurance of authenticity and code integrity. Download our Free Code Signing guide: