It is already in the JBoss 4.0 task list.

http://sourceforge.net/pm/ task.php?func=detailtask&project_task_id=68960&group_id=22866&group_proj ect_id=15043

-dain

On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 12:23 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

Please archive this on the Persistence forum.  Thanks guys.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dain
Sundstrom
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 1:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] Finders, Selectors and ... deleters?

On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 11:08 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

This leaves the JBoss-QL part read-only (it just qualifies the
instances to
be deleted). We know we're deleting Transactions as the method would
be on
the home interface for the Transaction EJB.
I think we should support a full CRUD language. Specifically, I mean
that the user should not be restricted to just specifying the WHERE
clause, but they should be required to specify a DELETE clause also.
Then we just put in a restriction that a remove method on the home
interface is only allowed to remove entities of the current type. This
is the same restriction finders have.

The reason I think we should have a full CRUD language is it allows an
ejbSelect style method (although we may call it something else) to
delete any set of objects with a single operation. This will be
particularly useful to delete a subset of related objects.

-dain