I don't know, but we could create our own listener to support modifying the value. I'll have to think about the implications that. We plan on supporting notifications from the backend also, so changing the value may be problematic. You will also be able to have many entities fields mapped to the same column. . . . Maybe we should have two listener interfaces: one for local changes and one for backend changes. Anyway, I simply prefer a listener approach to an implicit method call.

-dain

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 11:40 AM, Sacha Labourey wrote:

But would this allow some observer to modify the actual content of what is
set (setter) or returned (getters)? This is the second part of the interest
IMHO.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]De la part de Dain
Sundstrom
Envoye : mercredi, 29 janvier 2003 18:35
A : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Re: [JBoss-dev] Feature request, dev assignments

Sacha,

What you suggest would require rewriting the byte code generator, which
I didn't write. Currently all the implementation of the abstract
methods does is call an invocation handler.

I do really like the idea of the PropertyChange[Veto]Listener and have
already added it to the task list. This fits into our (the cmp team)
plans to add change notification (observer pattern).

-dain