From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Stefan Puiu
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 11:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-dev] JMS usability

Hello,

I'm having real trouble here trying to make JBoss 3.0.4 compiled and run

with JDK 1.4.0 send messages to a remote queue (on another computer).
I've asked on the JBoss-user list and received no answer, so I'm trying
here too. I heard somebody say he's using JBossMQ on production machines

- maybe he can share this with us? We have purchased the JBoss manuals,
but they aren't any good at explaining this.

Here is my original post:

Hello folks, I'm using JBoss 3.0.4 with the 1.4.0 JDK from Sun, compiled

from sources, with jbossmq as the JMS implementation. I'm running
everything on a Mandrake Linux 9.0. The remote computer uses the same
versions of JBoss and JDK.

I'm trying to send a message to a queue on a different computer here;
trouble is, I can't find the exact steps to take to do that in the docs.

The approach I've been trying is using JNP to find the JNDI provider on
the remote computer ("jnp://192.168.192.252:1099"), access the queue by
it's name (say "queue/B"), and try to send it a message. But trouble is
both lookup("ConnectionFactory") and lookup("queue/B") return null. When

an office mate tries to send a message to me, the message gets through,
but the JBoss console says something about an exception: "Cannot connect

to the ConnectionReceiver/Server". I'm using localhost:8080/jmx-console
to verify that messages get through. I'm trying to send messages from a
client application, not from an enterprise bean.

Here's what I do:
                     "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
     env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://merlin:1099");
     env.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,
"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
     env.put( Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "john" );
     env.put( Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "neddle" );
     InitialContext iniCtx = new InitialContext(env);
     System.out.println ("New context: " + iniCtx + " env: " + env);
     QueueConnectionFactory qcf = (QueueConnectionFactory)
        iniCtx.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
     if (qcf == null) {
        System.out.println ("OOPS");
            //return ;