Bugs item #629145, was opened at 2002-10-26 17:14
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=629145&group_id=22866

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
JBoss V 3.0.3

I have an ear that contains an ejb.jar and web.war
file. In the deployment descriptor of the web.war file
(i.e. the web.xml) I have an ejb-ref to an EJB in the
ejb.jar file. The spec says that the ejb-link element
must contain the name of the jar-file followed by an
'#' followed by the ejb-name of the referenced EJB:

  <ejb-ref>
    <ejb-ref-name>ejb/Converter</ejb-ref-name>
    <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
    <home>de.xyz.converter.ConverterHome</home>
    <remote>de.xyz.converter.Converter</remote>
    <ejb-link>ejb.jar#Converter</ejb-link>
  </ejb-ref>

Running the application causes an exception whereas the
SUN reference implementation is happy with this link.

If the ejb-link is changed to
<ejb-link>Converter</ejb-link>, i.e. the jar is
omitted. then the application also runs on JBoss.

The attached ear demonstrates this behaviour.

Comment By: Christian Riege (lqd)