Bugs item #707730, was opened at 2003-03-21 21:58
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=707730&group_id=22866

Category: JBossMQ
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
The error I found is quite strange and it took me a
while to localize.
One of part of my application is separate Java program,
working as JBoss client.
This program grabs data from external source and put it
into JBoss queue, where it is consumed by messaging beans.

I found one problem: in some circumstances, my client
application can bind to not-running JBoss successfuly
and send messages! Of course those messages are lost.

Problem is (I think) inside some networking module.
When program requests QueueConnectionFactory from JNDI,
I can see stack trace and error messages in log, but no
Exception is thrown and returned QueueConnectionFactory
is not null.
I can then get queue, start it and send data to it.
All of that without JBoss running!

Stranges thing is: the problem occurs only when my app
tries to connect to MS Windows box. When it connects to
other machine (I tried Linux, SCO Unix and HP/UX) -
everything is OK, exception is thrown when getting
QueueConnectionFactory.
I tried to connect to localhost and foreign machines -
it doesn't matter. Only OS of machine I'm trying to
connect to seems to matter.

I used Sun JDK 1.4.

For me, the problem is severe since messages my program
sends contains sensitive information and because of bug
there is a chance some messages will be lost when
server would be down and client would run.

Michal Hobot