Bill Burke wrote:

Nathan's design will not be based on JavaGroups, but will rather use
JavaGroups as one type of transport mechanism.

Don't get all nervous; that's what I meant. 2 transports, one is the traditional c/s, the other one is implemented using JavaGroups.

I would rather see JBoss Remoting used as an abstraction with JavaGroups as a plugin rather than
JavaGroups at the center of things.

Tom, Jeff, Nathan and I have tentatively scheduled JBoss bootcamp in Atlanta to be the place and time for an in-depth discussion of whether Remoting can accommodate a one-to-many paradigm in addition to a one-to-one paradigm.

Nathan already has a thin abstraction layer over the transport, for both traditional and serverless design.

-- Bela Ban http://www.javagroups.com Cell: (408) 316-4459