>The current JMS rewrite by Nathan, Adrian, and Bela is going quite well
>and we will be replacing the old system in the fall.  Don't work on a
>codebase that is going to be retired and needs to live in depracated
>mode for awhile.  A refactoring isn't what is needed in the JMS
>subsystem.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but it took quite a long time to stabilize the current JBossMQ. This is especially true for heavy load scenarios. The ongoing JMS rewrite hopefully will bring significant improvements, but first of all it has to proof stability and spec compliance before it is a valid alternative for production usage. Many JMS users will have to / want to stay with JBossMQ for quite a longer than maybe expected  ! Therefore ongoing improvements of the existing JBossMQ code have quite a value ( atleast for me as a JMS user, who requires a stable and matured JMS plattform :-)

Regards
Ulf