Dear Bela Ban.

It's pleased to see your reply. I commented in the middle of your message
and there is also my questions.

First of all, this pilot-test is just for solving some weird project's
requirement and my project specific.

Yes, Erlang is a language as Java. And OTP is a runtime somewhat similar to
OTP. And erl.exe is java.exe in the Erlang world.

I plan to launch separate process of "erl.exe" and custom made Erlang
application at the JBoss startup stage.

And the JInterface(which is half Erlang, and half Java library) will the
medium between JVM and Erlang-VM.

This is the plan what I going to do in prototyping stage.

> > What I want to be sure is that, is there any written specification
> > between JBoss and JBoss's clustering infrastructure?
>

> Well, Sacha implemented a groupcomm independent layer (HAPartition and
> ClusterImpl), its impl uses JavaGroups.
>
> > My first attempt is building something like ErlChannel implements the
> > org.javagroups.Channel, so that I only get mess with JavaGroups and
> > gets the thing done.
>

> Do you have to have an external Erlang process running to which you
> connect via ErlChannel ? That external process would replicate
> JavaGroup's groupcomm functionality ?

At this time yes. And then... I don't know. Maybe some Jerlang stuff like
Jython dose? It's my employers call. ;)

> > But it seems like that the org.jboss.ha.framework.server's some
> > classes (say HAPartitionImpl) is directly using JChannel instead of
> > Channel which JavaGroups guys
> >
> recommend(<http://www.javagroups.com/javagroupsnew/docs/faq.html#WhichChan
> nel>).
> >

> Yep - we should use ChannelFactory instead of JChannel directly

As I said I'm solving my own problems. But I think this is good, because I
got paid for this job, which requires firm understanding of JBoss and
JavaGroups. So I am going to keep inspecting the current JBoss and
JavaGroups and seeking bad smells and contributing the patch-codes.

I think I could post some patch that removing some direct reference to
"Implementations (ie. JChannel)" rather than "Interface (Channel)"

> > --

And finally, I'm not sure that this is the right place to have this kind of
discussion though. I want to ask about JavaGroups not JBoss. According to my
memory, you are the one who created the JavaGroups and the first version you
did was a Ensemble (for ML) implementation, right? Wasn't there any issue
like I have? Did ML/Ensemble seamlessly integrate with Java?