The Tomcat integration needs work, esp for JB 4, and to take advantage of the new features introduced in Tomcat 5.

I propose the following changes:

- Eventually remove the shared servlet & JSP API JAR from the shared lib folder. The idea is that Tomcat 5 can't run (well, it can, but sooner or later it'll break) unless this is deleted. The other SARs (Jetty + Tomcat 4) don't include the servlet API JAR, so they won't run without adding it. Comments ?

- Add a JBoss welcome webapp (mapped to "/") with links to the other available webapps, so that when users access the server root, they see something meaningful. This could link to the other services available.

- [TC 5] Add to the TC 5 SAR a status webapp, which can display the status of the HTTP/1.1 connector being used.

- [TC 5] Integrate the JSR 77 stuff. I think the cleanest would be to let Tomcat create and manage the JSR 77 beans (likely bugfixes to Tomcat will be needed to allow configuration of the object names).

- [JB 4] Use a JB provided CL to support AOP for the webapp classes.

I'm also wondering if platform integration could be improved using new TC 5 components:
- a new .exe wrapper for running as a NT service and as a normal webapp
- a new Unix wrapper (we use it for the usual port-80-without-root problem; it unfortunately wouldn't work with JB, which doesn't have a well defined init phase)

Remy

------------------------------------------------------- This sf.net email is sponsored by:ThinkGeek Welcome to geek heaven. http://thinkgeek.com/sf _______________________________________________ JBoss-Development mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jboss-development