Adrian Brock wrote:

The big problem (which probably hit Bill) is that a cvs update
doesn't pull down new jars in thirdparty.

Are we going to keep everything separated in CVS modules, with CVSROOT/modules hacks and thirdparty "magic"? Or isn't it time for us to reconsider the repository organization? What do you think?

I'd like to have everything under ONE module ("jboss"), and BRANCHes for every major release (3.0, 3.2, 4.0 or HEAD).

Thirdparty is an example of how hacky our cvs setup is. I know jboss is a complex project, but we should try to make it easier for new developers to get their hands dirty and help us.

The build process could be improved too. I'm not suggesting Maven, no, but maybe something in the middle between Ant copy/paste build files and Maven "get the latest jar from ibilbio every build" aproaches.

What do you guys think?

Ricardo Argüello