I'm trying to integrate an implementation of the JDK 1.4 preferences API that
I wrote for use within JBoss. The obvious place for it to be seemed to be in
the common module but on attempting to build I don't seem to have access to
ServerConfig which is in the server module. This makes sense to me but I was
wondering if the dependency ordering of the various modules in JBoss is
documented anywhere? (apart from in build.xml)

I moved the class to the server module and it compiles fine there, but I also
use SecurityAssociation in one of my classes which is in the security module.
From build.xml this seems to come after the server module so why is it
compiling fine while resident in the server module?

Maybe I don't really understand what the dependencies and class paths are
during the build?

Any help to understand how the build process works would be welcome.

thanks, brian wallis...