Bugs item #880191, was opened at 2004-01-19 22:48
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by cazzius
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=880191&group_id=22866

Category: JBossMX
Group: v3.2

Initial Comment:
I had this problem when migrating to JBoss3.2.3
(prod).  I then recreated from CVS tag JBoss_3_2_3.
Here is how to set up the scenario:

1)  compile JBoss_3_2_3
2)  compile testsuite
3)  modify the
unpacked/eardeployment.ear/sessionb.jar/META-
INF/jboss.xml

  Note: that sessiona.jar deploys Session B
    a) add
 "<depends>jboss.j2ee:jndiName=eardeployment/Sessi
onB,service=EJB</depends>"
    to the SessionA.

4) deploy the application

You can either
5) undeploy the application and look at the JMX-Console
     a)after undeployment, the mbean for sessionA will
still exist

OR

5) redeploy and get an InstanceAlreadyExistsException
from the JMX layer.

This did work in JBoss3.2.1.

I also noticed from the MainDeployer.listDeployed()(via
JMXConsole) that not all jars are in the "STARTED"
state.  Some are in "START_DEPLOYER" state.
Check this first before testing.  I saw random things in
this state(jms-ds.xml, hsqldb-ds.xml, jbossmq-
service.xml, etc.)  Is that intentional?

When I added mbean dependencies for the session, I
noticed the status changes from "STARTED"
to "START_DEPLOYER".  That may be the reason.

If I find anything else out, I'll post.

Good Luck!
-Ivan