According to cvs it was a temporary solution that has never been fixed.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jboss/jbosscx/src/main/org/jboss/resource/adapter/jdbc/Attic/WrappedStatement.jpp?hideattic=0

I guess the problem is that connector depends upon server for things
like the security interfaces. But server also includes cmp.
There's a similar problem between transaction and server.

Regards,
Adrian

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 02:26, Scott M Stark wrote:
> Why does the jca WrappedStatement implement an interface from the cmp
> module?
>
> package org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc;
>
> public class WrappedStatement
>    implements Statement, org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.WrappedStatement
>
> {
> }
>
> This cmp version of the WrappedStatement is just providing access to
> the underlying statement object. Why isn't that just part of the jca
> version of the WrappedStatement, or some interface in the jca pkg?
> There cannot be dependencies on from the jca layer to a user of jca.
>

> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Scott Stark
> Chief Technology Officer
> JBoss Group, LLC