I use James as the mailserver on my domain. I chose it because it is Java, and easy to
configure. But I have problems with James.

A default install of James will consume gigabytes of hard disk with garbage log files.

The James database layout is not normalized. All of the headers for each email are
concatenated together in one field - yuck!

James occasionally loses its database connection to the and cannot figure out how to
get it back. I've never had that problem with JBoss on the same database.

So James is broken but it could be fixed. But I really like the idea of leveraging all
the services that JBoss has in order to create a new breed of email server.

<a
href="http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3825601#3825601";>View
the original post</a>

<a