// I presume the CacheLoader Interface is used for
// persisting the cache to either file or database.
// Correct me if I am wrong?

Yes.

// I like to know if there is any implementation of the
// CacheLoader right now? If not, when will there be
// an implementation or how should I implement/use it?

No, there is not yet an implementation. I'm still working on the use cases. You can
look at the use case document, it is in cache/docs/design/CacheLoader.txt (CVS head).

I have the use case down for a shared cacheloader, but I want to go through use cases
in which each node has its own local DB. This might change the interfaces slightly. I
hope to be done by mid April.
The tasks that remain are
- flesh out the interface, see whether it covers all use cases
- Call the cacheloader at the right time from TreeCache

// I like to use it to re-populate the cache from
// database after a server restart. I have a cluster of
// 2 machines and each machine has its own local
// database.

You could do this using a client app, which reads from the DB and simply inserts. The
CacheLoader will do a state transfer for the 2nd node and (optionally) lazily populate
the cache.

Bela

<a
href="http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3826057#3826057";>View