I am thinking that it is not as important whether we detect the same CPU % as the OS.
It is more important to know whether a regular Java thread in the VM is being resumed
more or less often.
If we answer the following question positively, then we have a reason for serious
doubt:
"Did the monitoring thread reach a point where it's being resumed 10 times less often
within the last 15  minutes time slice than it was in any period of 15 minutes since
the VM started?"
Of course these numbers are arbitrary and should be possible to configure per
deployment.

Ivelin

<a
href="http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3826740#3826740";>View