Bugs item #834021, was opened at 2003-11-01 06:23
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by wesgere
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=834021&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v3.2

Initial Comment:
This happens with both 3.2.1 and 3.2.2.

The attached zipfile contains an exploded .ear
directory with a utility jarfile at the top level. The
.war directory's manifest references the utility
jarfile in its manifest classpath.

JBoss makes a copy of the utility jarfile, but it seems
to not close the original file, which means that on
Windows it's impossible to delete or rename the .ear
directory when I want to redeploy the application. On
UNIX that's not an issue since you can delete open files.

Running Process Explorer (an lsof-like tool for
Windows, see www.sysinternals.com) confirms that JBoss
has open file handles on both its temporary copy of the
utility jarfile and the original.

If I use a file rather than an exploded directory for
my .ear, I can redeploy to my heart's content, but I'd
really rather use an exploded directory (easier to
update JSPs at runtime, etc.)

To reproduce, unpack the zipfile into a running
server's deploy directory on a Windows box, wait a few
seconds for it to deploy, and then try to delete the
.ear directory. You'll get a "file is in use" error.

Comment By: Wes Gere (wesgere)