I hear you on the usage of Subject.  I saw it is the way the GOF named it.  I still
prefer "Observable".

Getting at the state is done by passing the reference to the subject in your
implementation.  It makes for a great and simple implementation.  If we could pass
some metainformation as to what has changed (name of the field for example), it would
make for more finegrained callbacks from the observer.

What does GOF say?

marcf

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3831179#3831179