Release candidate 1 of Milestone 1 is out.  This is our first step on the way to a 1.0
release.  I'd like to ask the developers, interested users and anyone listening to
give it a try:
http://jboss.org/wiki/attach?page=MailServicesMilestoneReleases%2Fjboss-mailservices-m1-rc1.zip

As you install, please help fill out this page:
http://jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=MailServicesInstallingM1

Make yourself braindead.  What isn't clear?  What isn't fully explained.  Make it
better explained.  If you don't understand, then post here and tell us what.

There is a final todo on SSL support for POP.  This should be filled out.

Try a number of clients.  Try breaking things.  I'll be installing this as my
principle mail server either tonight or tomorrow.  (I'm headed to Philly so I don't
know how braindead I'll be when I get there.)

When I get back at the end of the week, if we haven't discovered any major bugs, we'll
put out M1 and announce it to a broader audience.  This is a serious piece of software
guys, I'm impressed.  It couldn't have happened without you: Kabir and the Mikes.

We now have a branch.  cvs co -r JBOSS_MAILSERVICES_M1 gets you the M1 branch.
JBOSS_MAILSERVICES_M1_RC1 gets you this release.  Any bugfixes you commit should be
there AND in the HEAD.  Its totally okay to commit new features to HEAD, you won't
screw things up for M1.  If you're not familiar with CVS branching, go here:
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs-1.11.15/cvs_5.html#SEC54 --

Remember, Branches are your friend.  If you have some irrational fear of branches,
grow up -- big boy tools for big boys/gals!  :-)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3831286#3831286

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3831286