Check what I have modified yesterday in CVS for the HTML module : now it is possible
to put more chars. I don't think it works for chinese but at least it works for the
more common used on internet. That entity encoding produce output which is independant
from the output charset on the HttpServletResponse.

Basically, it's ok with MySQL for storing String object without information loss. So
when a user submit some form with chars, these are properly stored in the database. I
think this is because the parameters are taken from the HttpRequest which decodes them
as String acccording to the content type.

So what cause problem is rather the other part, sending data to the client. What the
HTML does now is it takes the String from the database and converts to HTML entity any
chars that belongs to that table :
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/jboss/nukes/common/src/main/org/jboss/nukes/common/util/EntityTable.java?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.1

I guess that the chinese chars are not listed here, so the question is, is there a way
to display these chars independantly from the charset ? I don't know yet and I have to
look at that.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3834403#3834403

Reply to the post :