Depends if you are running inside or outside the JBoss application server.

If outside, then JBoss AOP does this by default:
            Enumeration enum =
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResources("META-INF/jboss-aop.xml");

So any part of your classpath that has a META-INF/jboss-aop.xml file within it will be
loaded by JBoss AOP.  See the packaging tutorial example for more detail.

If you are running inside JBoss applications server, this "getResources" feature is
turned off.  Instead, you must put YOURFILE-aop.xml in the deploy directory, or create
a jar named YOURJAR.aop and in the META-INF directory of the YOURJAR.aop jarfile put a
jboss-aop.xml.  Am I making sense?  I will write a "Using within JBoss app server"
example for the next release.

Regards,

Bill

View the original post :