ejbstore is called every time a new transaction starts . So we cannot avoid calling
it. One way to avoid it is to specify the bean as read only which means we are saying
the bean will never write to the database. This can be done in the deployment
descriptor.

If the bean has to write to the database we can use  a flag which is made false if all
finder methods and in ejbstore we can write code like this

 ejbStore{
        if(flag) {
                //write to database
        }
        }

Make sure the flag is turned to true at the right time(in setmethods etc).

Hope this helps.

Anna.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3833596#3833596