Don't misunderstand me.  We shan't be droping support for an Entity backend.  The
whole thing needs to be pluggable.  Hibernate should just be default.

The benefits of hibernate:  No ejb interface hell :-)  -- a cleaner concept of
caching, more fine grained control and its just faster.  Its the closest thing to pojo
persistence to date.

What sucks about hibernate: I don't like having to programatically deal with the
session object, transactions and the like.  No deployer for JBoss yet (you have to sar
it all up with hibernate.  The way it ties in kind of violates the ejb spec more or
less.

What we need is a HibernateDeployer which reads a hibernate.xml.  We need a session
manager mbean which lets you hide session management from you .  We need an
interceptor which works with the session manager mbean.  Etc etc...  This is the
general things that JBoss needs with regards to hibernate as well...  (gosh I bet I
get an australian bar-b-queing for this post ;-) -- you gave me a draft of the
book...its your fault)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3835089#3835089

Reply to the post :