ok - i've checked in some changes, but i'm not sure if they will 100% solve the
problem. i can successfully create topics, but i am unable to post a story. it keeps
telling me that i am trying to insert null into the topic_id column (but a quick debug
session shows that the topicEJBLocal object is there when it does the create).

take a look at it and tell me if it works for you. perhaps my postgres install is f-ed
up - i'm not really all that familiar w/ the admin side of it.

i added xdoclet tokens the the db fragment files, defining the sql-type for postgres
to be "SERIAL" (all others are "INTEGER").

when you take a look at the xdoclet, i don't think the fact that i'm not using the
"unknown-pk" method makes any difference (altho someone pls let me know if this is
wrong!) - and either way, the db is controling it, i just wrote a specific
getter/setter for it.

my gut tells me i'm missing some postgres specific configuration, but given my
previous statement that i'm not really familiar w/ postgres, it could just be gas. :)

let me know!

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3835277#3835277

Reply to the post :