A while ago I added package o.j.web.tomcat.tc5.sso which uses a TreeCache to provide
cross-cluster support for Tomcat's Single Sign On valve.   Scott suggested that it
would be good if the sso code could share a TreeCache with the JBossCacheManager that
will be used for session replication.

I'm writing to be sure I'm on the same page with those of you working on the
JBossCacheManager.

I've tweaked the sso code so it exposes an MBean attribute for its TreeCache, which at
a minimum would allow the Tomcat5 MBean to set the tree cache to some shared object.
However, I saw in the jboss-service-50.xml file in HEAD a reference to a shared
tree-cache mbean "jboss.cache:service=TreeCache".  This led me to a couple of
questions:

1) Is the use of "jboss.cache:service=TreeCache" still the plan?  If so, I'll look at
updating the sso code to try to find this tree cache service as its default behavior,
only creating its own cache if it can't find the shared service.

2) What is the planned configuration of "jboss.cache:service=TreeCache"?  The tree
cache used by the sso is configured for REPL_SYNC, with READ_COMMITTED transaction
isolation.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3835695#3835695

Reply to the post :