In order to meet our scalablity requirements, I need better concurrency in our MBeans.
Currently we're using the MBean notification mechanism in a sort-of chain of
responsiblity pattern where each component listens for specific notifications, does it
thing and then fires another notification when it's done (for other MBeans to listen
to and repeat the process). This works very well for us, but since MBean notifications
are simply method calls, everything is single threaded.

What I'd like to do is have the JMX notifications fired in a separate threads, similar
to how AWT fires events. There'd be an notification queue and as worker threads became
available, notifications would be fired in separate threads.

My question is has anybody done this before (since I'd prefer not to re-invent the
wheel if this problem has already been solved)? Are there any open source projects or
standards that address multi-threaded MBean notifications? Does anyone have any
thoughts on the best way to approach this?

Thanks!

Steve

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3841540#3841540