Bela:

Thanks for looking into the issue. I thought that this must be as per design. The way
we use jgroups is that we have a protocol stack created and deployed with multiple
versions of our software.  We cannot expect clients to configure jgroups ports, etc
when they deploy our app as our app itself has a lot things to configure. We rely on a
default config with ports, etc and that works well for us. I know that this is our
problem and we cannot expect a solution for that. But as far as version compatibility
is concerned JGroups doesn't seem to be compatible and that manifests an error. This
is why i suggested not to handle incoming packets if versions are different. We have a
lot of machines with different jgroups versions and it is difficult to configure all
of them. I think that, since the check is already made, why handle the incoming packet
if different versions cannot handle each other.

On other issue that i found was with FD_SOCK. This uses port 10000 by default for
listening - This is in the registered port range and can interfere with some tools
like it did with backup services in my company. We used a different value, but it
would be good to change all default start port values to something in a range listed
by IANA - 49152 through 65535.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3845247#3845247

Reply to the post :