I'm trying to develop a custom LoadBalancePolicy that selects targets based on their
location within the network (for instance servers within the local subnet will
probably be faster, also hopcount might matter). However, for this I need to obtain
the IP address of the different targets. Is there an easy way to do this?

The only possibility I've currently found is to parse the output of the
"remoteToString" method on the remote reference (obtained via getRef())

While this works this does not seem to be a very elegant solution and probably will
not be very "future-proof".

regards,
Peter

View the original post :