Bugs item #1019013, was opened at 2004-08-30 14:36
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by loubyansky
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=1019013&group_id=22866

Category: JBossCMP
Group: v3.2

Initial Comment:
After I migrated from JBoss 3.2.2.RC4 to 3.2.5 I started
having the following problem:

In my application I have two CMP entities: EntityA and
EntityB with CMR 1:1. EntityB is cascade-deleted after
EntityA. If withing a single transaction I:

1) Remove some instance of EntityA, corresponding
EntityB instance is cascade-deleted;
2) Create a new instance of EntityB with THE SAME
PRIMARY KEY as previously deleted EntityB had
3) Try to invoke CMR setter EntityA.setEntityB(<newly
created instance of EntityB>)

I get

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The instance was
cascade-deleted: pk=XXX
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.bridge.
JDBCCMRFieldBridge.
getRelatedPrimaryKey(JDBCCMRFieldBridge.java:1720)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.bridge.
JDBCCMRFieldBridge.
setInstanceValue(JDBCCMRFieldBridge.java:790)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.bridge.
JDBCCMRFieldBridge.setValue(JDBCCMRFieldBridge.java:
637)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.bridge.
EntityBridgeInvocationHandler$FieldSetInvoker.
invoke(EntityBridgeInvocationHandler.java:156)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.bridge.
EntityBridgeInvocationHandler.
invoke(EntityBridgeInvocationHandler.java:91)
        at org.jboss.proxy.compiler.Runtime.invoke(Runtime.
java:62)
        at xxx.EntityA$Proxy.setEntityB(<generated>)

I do understand that the instance was deleted, but why
can't I use a new one with the same PK in CMR setter?

I can provide a test case if there is a problem with
reproduction.