has any further work gone into this? i've given this a go myself, and i keep getting
the following error trying to deploy:

  | 2004-09-14 22:27:11,851 ERROR [org.jboss.nukes.core.Main] Cannot register on
component nukes.themes:name=imagic
  | java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
  |     at $Proxy206.handleNotification(Unknown Source)
  |     at
javax.management.NotificationBroadcasterSupport.handleNotification(NotificationBroadcasterSupport.java:98)
  |     at
javax.management.NotificationBroadcasterSupport.sendNotification(NotificationBroadcasterSupport.java:83)
  |     at org.jboss.nukes.core.Main$1.handleNotification(Main.java:400)
  |     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor106.invoke(Unknown Source)
  |     at
  |     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.notification.NotificationListenerProxy.invoke(NotificationListenerProxy.java:138)
  |     at $Proxy206.handleNotification(Unknown Source)
  |     at
javax.management.NotificationBroadcasterSupport.handleNotification(NotificationBroadcasterSupport.java:98)
  |     at
javax.management.NotificationBroadcasterSupport.sendNotification(NotificationBroadcasterSupport.java:83)
  |     at
javax.management.MBeanServerDelegate.sendNotification(MBeanServerDelegate.java:106)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.sendRegistrationNotification(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:325)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.registerMBean(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:223)
  |     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
  |     at
  |     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.server.ReflectedDispatcher.dispatch(ReflectedDispatcher.java:60)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:61)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:53)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:185)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:473)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.registerMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:1018)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.registerMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:981)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.createMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:318)
  |     at org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator.install(ServiceCreator.java:121)
  |     at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(ServiceConfigurator.java:149)
  |     at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java:114)
  |     at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:198)
  |     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor19.invoke(Unknown Source)
  |     at
  |     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.server.ReflectedDispatcher.dispatch(ReflectedDispatcher.java:60)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:61)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:53)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:185)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:473)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:176)
  |     at $Proxy4.install(Unknown Source)
  |     at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.create(SARDeployer.java:204)
  |     at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:790)
  |     at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:782)
  |     at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:644)
  |     at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:608)
  |     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor14.invoke(Unknown Source)
  |     at
  |     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.server.ReflectedDispatcher.dispatch(ReflectedDispatcher.java:60)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:61)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:53)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:185)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:473)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:176)
  |     at $Proxy7.deploy(Unknown Source)
  |     at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:304)
  |     at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:460)
  |     at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:201)
  |     at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:212)
  |     at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:191)
  | Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
  |     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor106.invoke(Unknown Source)
  |     at
  |     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
  |     at
org.jboss.mx.notification.NotificationListenerProxy.invoke(NotificationListenerProxy.java:138)
  |     ... 62 more
  | Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: interface
org.jboss.nukes.theme.Theme is not visible from class loader
  |     at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.getProxyClass(Proxy.java:331)
  |     at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.newProxyInstance(Proxy.java:552)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxy.get(MBeanProxy.java:76)
  |     at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxy.get(MBeanProxy.java:64)
  |     at
org.jboss.nukes.core.modules.theme.ThemeModule$1.handleNotification(ThemeModule.java:189)
  |     ... 66 more

i don't understand why it would be reported that the Theme interface is not visible
via the class loader.

my current thought is that something isn't right in the LifeCycleInterceptor, but i'm
not really sure what that would be.

this is what i've done w/ the class:

> [...]
  |    {
  |       // if state changes
  |       if (getState(invoker) != nextState)
  |       {
  |          try
  |          {
  |             // update the state
  |             invoker.setAttribute(new Attribute("State", new Integer(nextState)));
  |          }
  |          catch (MBeanException e)
  |          {
  |             log.error("Cannot send state changed notification", e);
  |          }
  |       }
  |    }
  |
  |    private int getState(MBeanInvoker invoker) throws Exception
  |    {
  |       return ((Integer) invoker.getAttribute("State")).intValue();
  |    }
  |
  |    private void create(Invocation invocation) throws Exception
  |    {
  |       invocation.nextInterceptor().invoke(invocation);
  |       setState(ServiceMBean.CREATED, invocation.getInvoker());
  |    }
  |
  |    private void start(Invocation invocation) throws Exception
  |    {
  |       int state = getState(invocation.getInvoker());
  |       if (state == ServiceMBean.STARTING || state == ServiceMBean.STARTED)
  |       {
  |          return;
  |       }
  |       setState(ServiceMBean.STARTING, invocation.getInvoker());
  |       transition(invocation, ServiceMBean.STARTED, ServiceMBean.FAILED);
  |    }
  |
  |    private void stop(Invocation invocation) throws Exception
  |    {
  |       if (getState(invocation.getInvoker()) != ServiceMBean.STARTED)
  |       {
  |          return;
  |       }
  |       setState(ServiceMBean.STOPPING, invocation.getInvoker());
  |       transition(invocation, ServiceMBean.STOPPED, ServiceMBean.FAILED);
  |    }
  |
  |    private void destroy(Invocation invocation) throws Exception
  |    {
  |       int state = getState(invocation.getInvoker());
  |       if (state == ServiceMBean.DESTROYED)
  |       {
  |          return;
  |       }
  |       if (state == ServiceMBean.STOPPED)
  |       {
  |          invocation.getInvoker().invoke("stop", new Object[0], new String[0]);
  |       }
  |       try
  |       {
  |          invocation.nextInterceptor().invoke(invocation);
  |       }
  |       finally
  |       {
  |          setState(ServiceMBean.DESTROYED, invocation.getInvoker());
  |       }
  |    }
  |
  |    private void transition(Invocation invocation, int success, int failure) throws
Exception
  |    {
  |       try
  |       {
  |          invocation.nextInterceptor().invoke(invocation);
  |          setState(success, invocation.getInvoker());
  |       }
  |       catch (InvocationException e)
  |       {
  |          setState(failure, invocation.getInvoker());
  |          throw e;
  |       }
  |    }
  | }