I have a very strange problem popping up every now and then.  The app is a web-centric
one using Struts->JBoss->MySQL and I'm using the latest production release of each of
the listed items.

The problem that I have been encountering is as follows:

A very simple SQL statement which does an equijoin between two tables and returns the
matching rows.  Everything is fine in the beginning but after running the app for
sometime, the query returns less number of rows than there is in the table.  I copied
the query from the log and ran it through the mysql command line utility and it
returns the complete set.  In some cases, I observed that recycling JBoss helps.  But,
as of this morning, that doesn't seem to help either.  For example, there are 115
matching rows in the table but the app when run through JBoss returns only 76, while
the same query through mysql returns 115.

I'm investigating this by stepping through the code but was wondering if this could be
a resource issue with JBoss and if anyone has ever encountered anything like this.

Thanks in advance for your help ...

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3848615#3848615

Reply to the post :