Bill Burke wrote:

> Does JBoss cache have the ability to register for cache changes?  I have an AOP user
> that is building a dynamic cluster-wide aspect manager. They need the ability to
> have a replicated shared cluster-wide structure, but need to be able to notify on
> changes so that they can be updated.
>
> BIll

Yes.

public interface TreeCacheListener {
  /**
   * Called when a node is created
   * @param fqn
   */
  void nodeCreated(Fqn fqn);

  /**
   * Called when a node is removed.
   * @param fqn
   */
  void nodeRemoved(Fqn fqn);

  /**
   * Called when a node is loaded into memory via the CacheLoader. This is not the same
   * as [EMAIL PROTECTED] #nodeCreated(Fqn)}.
   */
  void nodeLoaded(Fqn fqn);

  /**
   * Called when a node is evicted (not the same as remove()).
   * @param fqn
   */
  void nodeEvicted(Fqn fqn);

  /**
   * Called when a node is modified, e.g., one (key, value) pair
   * in the internal map storage has been modified.
   * @param fqn
   */
  void nodeModified(Fqn fqn);

  /**
   * Called when a node is visisted, i.e., get().
   * @param fqn
   */
  void nodeVisited(Fqn fqn);

  /**
   * Called when the cache is started.
   * @param cache
   */
  void cacheStarted(TreeCache cache);

  /**
   * Called when the cache is stopped.
   * @param cache
   */
  void cacheStopped(TreeCache cache);

  void viewChange(View new_view);  // might be MergeView after merging
}

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / JBossCache