Bugs item #1031571, was opened at 2004-09-20 23:14
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by cptnkirk
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=1031571&group_id=22866

Category: JBossServer
Group: v4.0

Initial Comment:
Tried using both default and standard JBoss 4.0 configs.

Classes seem to be loaded, first come first served, and
aren't overridden based on SAR.

SAR S1:
META-INF/jboss-service.xml
Axis.jar
MBean1.jar

SAR S2:
META-INF/jboss-service.xml
Axis.jar
MBean2.jar

S1 and S2 contain different versions of Axis. S1 and S2
do not have MBeans in common. S1 is loaded before S2.
The S1 version of the Axis classes are used within
calls to S2's MBean. This is causing NoSuchMethodErrors
because of differences in sigs between Axis versions.

This should be easily reproducable by a developer.
Likewise in my case I use a different version of
commons-logging. My SAR contains the commons logging
jars, and is loaded before JBoss'
jbossweb-tomcat50.sar. This causes the following error
on shutdown:

15:30:19,830 ERROR [HostConfig] Error undeploying web
application at context path
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.release(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)V
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.WebCtxLoader.stop(WebCtxLoader.java:118)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4546)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(ContainerBase.java:952)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.remove(StandardHostDeployer.java:670)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.remove(StandardHost.java:946)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.undeployApps(HostConfig.java:1028)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.stop(HostConfig.java:1005)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:351)

If you need more information to verify this, let me
know what to do and where to go to do it.

Thanks,
Jim

PS:  Will upload example shortly.