Bugs item #910004, was opened at 2004-03-04 11:05
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by starksm
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=910004&group_id=22866

Category: JBossWeb
Group: v3.2

Initial Comment:
I am able to start my JBoss and everything works fine. But
when I leave it inactive for a period and come back to it, the
first time I hit my HTTP adaptor port, the
ContainerStatsValve throws a NullPointerException.

If I restart JBoss, I still get the same error. To work around,
I have to clear the tmp deploy directory and change my
ports. The ports seem to stay open for several minutes even
after the processes have died.

I am working on Solaris 8, with JBoss Release ID: JBoss
[WonderLand] 3.2.3 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_3_2_3
date=200311301445).

The stack trace for the NPE is:

ava.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc4.statistics.ContainerStatsValve.invok
e(ContainerStatsValve.java:73)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineV
alveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPi
peline.java:480)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBas
e.java:995)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardCo
ntext.java:2417)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(Standard
HostValve.java:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineV
alveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(Erro
rDispatcherValve.java:171)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineV
alveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorRep
ortValve.java:172)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineV
alveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invok
e(SecurityAssociationValve.java:65)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineV
alveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLog
Valve.java:577)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineV
alveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPi
peline.java:480)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBas
e.java:995)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Standa
rdEngineValve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineV
alveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPi
peline.java:480)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBas
e.java:995)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAda
pter.java:197)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Pro
cessor.java:781)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionH
andler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:549)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEn
dpoint.java:605)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.r
un(ThreadPool.java:677)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Comment By: Lucas McGregor (lmcgregor)