The memory-leak concept is relative. I can only show objects not released by the JVM.

I'm creating a kind of cookie for each object showing it's creating location. When the
JVM releases the object by a GC operation, I mark that location as released (Thats how
I can say where the objects were created).

Basically, if the function that is calling A() add your new String("INTERVAL") to a
Collection, it will be showed as a memory-leak by the profiler. But remember.... A
memory leak depends on the concepts of your application. (Maybe your application
should or not allocate that memory).

Clebert

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3849416#3849416