Bugs item #877172, was opened at 2004-01-15 03:29
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by macv
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=877172&group_id=22866

Category: JBossMX
Group: v3.2

Initial Comment:
I get this error out of JBoss 3.2.2 on a fairly regular
basis.  I'm still not sure exactly how to reproduce it,
but since it's an NPE, I'm hoping that someone can
track down what would cause it to happen fairly easily.
 Once it occurs for a particular class, the only fix is
to restart JBoss.  I never had this problem on 3.2.0.

java.lang.NullPointerException         at
org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr3.java:119)
        at
org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3.loadClassImpl(UnifiedClassLoader3.java:169)
        at
org.jboss.mx.loading.UnifiedClassLoader3.loadClass(UnifiedClassLoader3.java:123)
        at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
       at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)

Looking at the code, the UnifiedLoaderRepository3 that
is passed into beginLoadTask as the 2nd parameter must
be null.  UnifiedClassLoader3, line 118 does a null
check for repository just a few lines before calling
loadClassImpl, so I'm assuming that this is a valid
state for the class loader to be in.  That would mean
that beginLoadTask in LoadMgr3 needs to handle the
situation where repository is null.

Comment By: Vikas Sharma (macv)