Hi,

Sorry if these are dumb questions - I'm afraid I'm trying to run before I can walk by
trying to set-up two JBoss 4.0.0 servers with a distributed AOP cache, and I'm having
a few problems.

The main problem I'm having is trying to make my classes advisable/aspectized (I'm not
sure of the correct terminology). The classes are deployed in an EJB jar (as support
classes), and I've tried putting a jboss-aop.xml in the META-INF of that, and also
adding my prepare tags to jboss-aop.deployer/base-aop.xml, but I still get:

DEBUG [org.jboss.cache.aop.TreeCacheAop] putObject(): obj (class
com.ingenta.ics.license.CounterLicense) is non-advisable.

in the logs.

I know I should really try aopc, but I don't want to give up on having this done
automatically done by the server without knowing why it doesn't work.

Here's the jboss-aop.xml from my ejb jar:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  | <aop>
  |     <prepare expr="field(* $instanceof{com.ingenta.ics.license.License}->*)" />
  |     <prepare expr="field(*
$instanceof{com.ingenta.ics.license.LicenseLocalWrapper}->*)" />
  |     <prepare expr="field(* $instanceof{com.ingenta.ics.license.LicenseImpl}->*)" />
  |     <prepare expr="field(*
$instanceof{com.ingenta.ics.license.CounterLicense}->*)" />
  |     <prepare expr="field(*
$instanceof{com.ingenta.ics.license.LicenseDefinition}->*)" />
  |     <prepare expr="field(*
$instanceof{com.ingenta.ics.license.LicenseDefinitionImpl}->*)" />
  |     <prepare expr="field(* $instanceof{com.ingenta.ics.item.Id}->*)" />
  |     <prepare expr="field(* $instanceof{com.ingenta.ics.property.Property}->*)" />
  |     <prepare expr="field(*
$instanceof{com.ingenta.ics.property.PropertyDefinition}->*)" />
  | </aop>

I've basically tried adding the interface, superclasses, classes it uses etc.

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm trying to switch from an in-house caching system
(which offers no replication) to JBossCache - an I hoped to make use of TreeCacheAop
so that items do not need to be put back in the cache every time they are modified.

Thanks,
Andrew

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3852085#3852085