Axis supports [request|session|application] scope services. What we implement for
ws4ee and what you observe is request scope. If I understand correctly you would
expect application scope, right?

That however has a number of implications WRT concurrency and locking. Either there is
just a single instance that allows concurrent threads (servlets do that AFAIK), or
there is a locking mechanism which may cause congestion, or there is a pool of
instances (like for SLSB endpoints).

I am not at all convinced that the JAXRPC spec implies application scope service
endpoints. Show me the section in the spec where it talks about concurrency in the
endpoint.

Out of interest why are you not using a SLSB endpoint if management of resources is a
concern? What does JSE offer that EJBSE does not have?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3852428#3852428

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3852428