That is right, I expect that the SeriveceConfigurator is just going to get a list of
the attribute object to apply to the mbeans by passing in the jboss-service.xml
document to the jbossxb framework. It should know nothing about xml element
representing this information.

That the serialDataType is in the jboss-service.xml descriptor currently is a hack for
4.0 that should be removed in 5.0.

The problem with the attribute fragement your showing here is that the creator of the
xsd for the RMIClientSocketFactoryBean attribute is not going to include a marshalling
framework element, so this will be seen as an invalid document. We need to get to the
point of having xml configuration documents that can be validated by a schema so that
we do not need to have hand coded xml parsing logic like we do today.  I can't just
add jbossxb:mapping elements to the attribute element and have this validate against
the service xsd simply because this element is from a foreign namespace, correct?

The original xml fragments I showed were not meant to be an indication of the correct
way to be handling the configuration. Rather they illustrate the configuration issues
the binding framework needs to be able to handle in order for us to clean up the
existing hand coded xml parsing.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3852481#3852481

Reply to the post :