This is what I expected. It is definately a bug, and I've pushed the fix out to CVS.
Here's a brief rundown on what's going on:

The first time you use something from a supplied plugin (in this case, the New AOP
Project Wizard), Eclipse starts up that plugin by calling a method "start" within the
main plugin class. In the start method of the AOP plugin, There is some initial setup
going on that inspects each project in the workspace to check for AOP related
metadata. The problem is basically that, the plugin isn't checking the "accessible"
flag of the plugin before it tries to read it's data.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3852513#3852513

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3852513