Bugs item #1038708, was opened at 2004-10-01 20:44
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by tdiesler
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=1038708&group_id=22866

Category: None
Group: v4.0

Initial Comment:
-----------------------
JBOSS/AXIS BUG???
-----------------------

Problem: Web service client will not run at all.

Error message: org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException:
org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No engine
configuration file - aborting!  ...

I'm Running: JBoss 4.0.0, running on Win XP Pro SP2.
JDK 1.4.2.  I'm also using the generated classes from
WSDL2Java.

Diagnosis: JBoss is apparently not finding the config file
axis-client-config.xml, and crashes.
C:\jboss-4.0.0\server\standard\deploy\jboss-
ws4ee.sar\META-INF\axis-client-config.xml ???
Possible naming problem.  Seems to want a .wsdd

-----------------------
A QUICK AND DIRTY FIX
-----------------------

1.  get the config file.  I just used the config file from
the WSDL2Java plugin from myspotter.com.

If you have the eclipse plugin, axis.jar is at:
<eclipsehome>\plugins\com.myspotter.wsdl2java_1.1.0
\axis.jar

...or you can also download Axis1.1 and look
in /lib/axis.jar

      a. Find and rename axis.jar to axis.zip
      b. navigate to org/apache/axis/client/
      c. you should find a file called client-config.wsdd.
copy this to desktop
      d. rename axis.zip back to axis.jar

2. JBoss apparently calls this by two names...
      a. copy file client-config.wsdd
      b. rename copy to axis-client-config.wsdd

3. the file to update is at:
      <jbosshome>\server\standard\deploy\jboss-
ws4ee.sar\axis-ws4ee.jar
      a. rename axis-ws4ee.jar to axis-ws4ee.zip
      b. navigate to org/apache/axis/client/
      c. copy BOTH files here (axis-client-config.wsdd,
client-config.wsdd)
      d. rename axis-ws4ee.zip back to axis-ws4ee.jar

4. restarting server should fix the problem.
(I use the standard server: <jbosshome>/bin/run.bat -c
standard)

Note: there is a similar file at <jbosshome>\client\axis-
ws4ee.jar, but this seems to work as is.

-ks

Comment By: Thomas Diesler (tdiesler)