Bugs item #1066937, was opened at 2004-11-15 23:16
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by hlinnaka
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=1066937&group_id=22866

Category: JBossTX
Group: v4.0

Initial Comment:
JBoss 4.0.0 seems to be a bit confused on the order it
calls start/end on resource managers.

I'm getting a "JBossRollbackException: Unable to
commit" when I try to do a two-phase commit. According
to the log, the root cause seems to be a
NullPointerException at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.xa.XAManagedConnection.end(XAManagedC
onnection.java:151)

At commit, the transaction manager seems call:

1. end(xid, TMSUSPEND)
2. end(xid, 0)
3. commit..

But the code at XAManagedConnection doesn't properly
handle the case when end is called when it's not
associated with any Xid.

I had a quick look at the source code, and I think the
attached patch fixes the problem. I haven't tried it
though.