Has anyone used jboss aop at loadtime in websphere?  I've been trying to get it
to work with no luck.  I tried setting the classloader at startup with:

-Djava.system.class.loader=org.jboss.aop.standalone.SystemClassLoader

but WebSphere just bombs out and won't even start up.  I also tried to switch
the classloader just before the class is loaded that I want the aspect on with:

Thread.currentThread().setContextClassLoader(new
SystemClassLoader(Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader()));
  | AspectManager.instance();

This seems to work, and when I put jboss.aop.verbose=true in the system
properties it shows that it successfully loaded up the aspect.  However, when
it starts getting into determining whether to apply the aspect to particular
classes something seems to go wrong and it bombs out, not on the JBoss AOP
side, but on the IBM side.  Seems like because of the classloader it is unable
to load up some configuration stuff that it needs.

I'd be happy to post what was logged, but it is kind of verbose.  I'm
ultimately wanting to apply some aspects to IBM's code to gather some
information (not in a production system but in development).  Since I don't
have access to the source of the classes I want to apply the aspects to I'm
assuming I need to do this at loadtime.

Thanks,

Tom

View the original post :