I thought the same, but there are a few things against that:
1)I've looked at the returned JavaScript array when there are values missing.
They are indeed missing from the returned array - always the same ones.
2)Just updating Windows98 to Windows98 Second Edition fixed the problem.  This
machine already had a MSIE 6.x to start with which is post Second Edition - so
the browser was not touched.
3)The offending WindowsXP machine has the browser that came with Windows XP, a
late one.
4)For testing purposes FireFox was installed on the Windows XP machine.  It
produced exactly the same mistakes.  FireFox on my son's Windows 98 SE machine
works fine.

Maybe I should go to the root of all evil - Microsoft ;)
They should have developer forums.

Please let me know if a flash of inspiration reveals all to you.  On this one I
am very uninspired.

Regards,

Chris

View the original post :