Currently the prune method in the LRUAlgoritm is private.  I want to be able to
implement my own prune (probably by calling super.prune(), then add my own
additional pruning).
Is there any downside to making prune protected instead of private assuming I
call super.prune().

The only other option I can see is to basically copy LRUAlgorithm (and
LRUPolicy) and rename them and add my additional code to the bottom of prune.

Thanks
-Kevin

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3860440#3860440