Hi,

  Just wondering if anyone has really benchmarked the performance of the JBoss
Cache modules?

  I have been trying to find the fastest/best way to persistently store
thousands of pieces of data (about 255 bytes per time) which requires multiple
speedy updates keeping the current state.

I have tried databases directly (JDBC / through JBoss) and this slows down with
the amount of database access required (even when storing the data in a file
and just the state in the database.

I have been testing out the JBoss Cache and the best performance so far is
through the FileCacheLoader - about 10 times as fast as the JDBC CacheLoader ...

Just wondering if anyone has any other experience of the Cache and how to
optimise its performance...

thanks for any help in advance....

Les

View the original post :