I remember C++ multiple inheritance well, since converting to Java, Coplien's
purple book sits quietly gathering dust on a shelf.

On the project I was working on I had been using IAdaptable to extend basic
java classes so that I could use them in a tree view and a graphical view.  As
a first look at AOP I thought I could improve on this via an introduction and a
mixin.  I still have two mixin classes one for the tree view and one for the
graphical view, so from my code's point of view there is no multiple
inheritance and I have no desire to go back there.  I don't really know if this
is an appropriate use of AOP, maybe not, but it does work well and simplifies
the code.  If it is appropriate the maybe AOP should support it in some way, in
my case I could change the method signatures, but that won't always be the case.

Just wondered if what I am doing is sensible?

Thanks,

John.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3860968#3860968