I believe that in the JBoss terminology a Node is the the element identified by
a fqn.
When looking at the eviction policy and the TreeCacheListener interface, it
seems clear that eviction applies to a node as a whole and not to each
individual cached object in the Hashtable of such node).

All that to say that I think that the maximum number of nodes inside a region
is the maximum number of unique fqn that you can have under this region (which
are not necessarily root nodes: /a/b/c/d/e denotes 5 nodes organized in a
hierarchy).

Thomas

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3861209#3861209