Ryan will be taking over the responsibility for this work,
with lots of input from me.

I imagine there are lots of other requirements and there are many things that
become
possible with a more declaritive and consistent build.

One of the key issues before this becomes the real build will be to document
how jbossbuild works.

The basic philosophy of jbossbuild is that you declare:
Inputs (source and thirdparty jars)
Outputs (artifacts)
and the links between them.

These are then processed through common targetdefs
which can be read as (in the example below about junit tests)
for each "source" with the attribute "test" do this...

The parameterization comes from @{property}
which reads properties from the javabean typedefs declared in the build.xml

e.g.

  | <source when="@{test}">
  |             <mkdir dir="@{testDir}"/>
  |             <junit fork="true"
  |                    printSummary="true">
  |                <formatter type="plain"/>
  |                <classpath>
  |                   <pathElements/>
  |                </classpath>
  |                <batchtest todir="@{testDir}">
  |                   <fileset dir="@{sourceDir}" includes="@{test}"/>
  |                </batchtest>
  |             </junit>
  | </source>

reads as:
for each "source" in the build.xml that has a "test" attribute
make the directory returned by SourceDefinition.getTestDir()
(which is output/test/@{id} by default
and run junit over those sources in @{test} putting the results
in the @{testDir}

The pseudo <pathElements/> creates a classpath
that includes both the classes from the source compilation and
its dependent jars as defined by the source's includes.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862658#3862658

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3862658